Kansas City is in full bloom and I feel like I’m living in an Easter basket. I spy shades of light purple, pink and yellow from my window. The neighbors’ daffodils and tulips are so cheerful and hopeful.
Since Easter is right around the corner, I’ve rounded up some fresh, vegetarian brunch options. They’re are all great candidates for weekend meals this spring, so you might want to bookmark this page.
Many of us will be serving fewer people than normal this weekend. Here are a few simple, pantry-friendly options:
- Muffins: Blueberry Muffins or Lemon Raspberry Muffins can be made with frozen berries.
- Eggs: My Favorite Frittata is versatile and the perfect way to use up your veggies.
- Main dish: Stuffed Shells with Spinach and Marinara can be made with frozen greens and assembled in advance, or make Roasted Carrots with Farro, Chickpeas & Herbed Crème Fraîche, which sounds fancy but requires mostly pantry ingredients.
- Salad: French Carrot Salad is a simple salad made with carrots and canned chickpeas, or make any green salad a knock-out with this creamy honey-mustard dressing.
- Roasted vegetables: You’ll find even more options below. Try Roasted Asparagus, Breakfast Potatoes or Honey-Butter Roasted Carrots.
- Dessert: You can’t go wrong with Citrus Olive Oil Cake (any citrus works) or Almond Cake with Berries on Top (you could spoon defrosted frozen berries on top).
- Cocktails: Mimosas, or one of their many variations (see post for inspiration).
Below, you’ll find many more options below (plus vegan options at the end). Gluten-free recipes are denoted GF. Wishing you a happy and delicious weekend!