Sweetcorn & Potato Cakes With Avocado Pan fry these Sweetcorn & Potato Cakes With Avocado ’til golden and crispy, then serve with a chilli-lime dressing, salad and avocado for a fresh and healthy weeknight go-to dinner – delicious! Serves 2 Ingredients 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tsp salt 1 potato, peeled and chopped 1 tomato,…
The post Sweetcorn & Potato Cakes With Avocado appeared first on Vegan Life Magazine.
Sweetcorn & Potato Cakes With Avocado
Pan fry these Sweetcorn & Potato Cakes With Avocado ’til golden and crispy, then serve with a chilli-lime dressing, salad and avocado for a fresh and healthy weeknight go-to dinner – delicious!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 lime
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 50g lambs lettuce
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 5g coriander
- 40g chilli jam
- 1 avocado
- 30g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 150g tin sweetcorn, drained
- Add potatoes to a pot with plenty of boiling water and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil over a high heat. Once boiling, cook for 10-15 min or until the potatoes are fork tender then drain, return to the pot and set aside
- While the potatoes are cooking, trim then slice the spring onions finely. Chop the coriander finely, including the stalks, keeping the leaves and stalks separate.
- Combine the juice of 1/2 lime with the chilli jam, 2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper – this is your chilli-lime dressing. Cut the remaining lime into wedges.
- Add the diced tomato to a bowl with the chopped coriander leaves and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and set aside – this is your tomato salsa
- Add the drained sweetcorn to the pot with the potatoes and mash until smooth. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, the panko breadcrumbs, chopped spring onion, chopped coriander stalks and chilli flakes (can’t handle the heat? Go easy!). Season with 1 tsp salt and a generous grind of pepper and give everything a good mix up – this is your sweetcorn potato mixture.
- Divide the sweetcorn potato mixture into 6 and press them firmly together to form patties.
- Heat a large, wide-based pan with a generous drizzle of vegetable oil over a medium-high heat and once hot, add the patties to the pan and cook for 2-3 min on each side or until golden and crisp – You may need to do this in batches!
- Meanwhile, cut the avocado in half lengthways and remove the stone using a teaspoon. Scoop the avocado out of its skin using a spoon and slice finely. Drizzle over the chilli-lime dressing and garnish with a wedge of lime.
Recipe and images courtesy of Gousto
Vegan Life Magazine