Red Velvet Cupcakes These red velvet cupcakes by The Groovy Food Company are coloured using natural beetroot juice and use an healthier alternative to sugar, coconut sugar, to sweeten them. Ingredients For the cake: 60g vegan butter 125g chocolate chips 60ml (1/4 cup) beetroot juice 2 flax ”eggs’, at room temperature 60g The Groovy Food…
The post Red Velvet Cupcakes appeared first on Vegan Life Magazine.
Red Velvet Cupcakes
These red velvet cupcakes by The Groovy Food Company are coloured using natural beetroot juice and use an healthier alternative to sugar, coconut sugar, to sweeten them.
For the cake:
- 60g vegan butter
- 125g chocolate chips
- 60ml (1/4 cup) beetroot juice
- 2 flax ”eggs’, at room temperature
- 60g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Sugar
- 95g almond flour
- 65g cocoa powder
- 85g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
For the icing:
- 135g vegan cream cheese, softened
- 135g (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp) vegan butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90ml The Groovy Food Company Light & Mild Agave Nectar
- Preheat the oven to 165°C
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave on high power for 30 second increments.
- Whisk the beet juice and eggs in a large bowl and add the sugar. Beat well.
- Add in the melted butter and chocolate.
- Mix in the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Evenly divide the batter between 12 lined muffin cups in a muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool on a wire rack completely before frosting.
- For the icing, mix together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and agave.
- Beat well until light and fluffy.
- Ice the cupcakes as desired and serve.
Recipe and images courtesy of The Groovy Food Company
Vegan Life Magazine