Easter Carrot Cake This Easter Carrot Cake by Violife is the perfect way to celebrate Easter. Prep time: 20 mins Cooking time: 30 mins Serves: 6 Ingredients For the icing: 2 packs Violife Creamy Original 100g coconut flakes 60ml oat milk 2tsp lemon juice For the cake: 250ml jar coconut oil, melted 300g light brown…
The post Easter Carrot Cake appeared first on Vegan Life Magazine.
Easter Carrot Cake
This Easter Carrot Cake by Violife is the perfect way to celebrate Easter.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
For the icing:
- 2 packs Violife Creamy Original
- 100g coconut flakes
- 60ml oat milk
- 2tsp lemon juice
For the cake:
- 250ml jar coconut oil, melted
- 300g light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 210ml oat milk
- 420g plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 orange, zest only
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- Edible flowers, for decorating
- Baked coconut flakes, for decorating
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and grease 2x 20cm cake tins with coconut oil and line the base with baking paper.
- Whisk together the oil and sugar, then add the vanilla essence and oat milk.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, spices and orange zest in a separate bowl before adding the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir well. Stir in the grated carrot.
- Divide the mixture between the tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out cleanly. Then take out and let cool completely.
- To make the icing, mix all of the icing ingredients together in a mixer until you have a fluffy frosting.
- Once cooled, spread half the icing on top of one of the cakes and then place the other cake on top.
- Decorate the topping of the cake with the rest of the icing and sprinkle with coconut flakes and edible flowers.
Recipe courtesy of Violife
Vegan Life Magazine